Wild Posting Advertising
Wild posting is a form of advertising where static posters are placed in a large number on multiple locations, primarily in dense, urban areas, to attract maximum attention. Grassroots Ads offers Wild Posting in our home Toronto as well as Los Angeles, NYC, Chicago, and across North America. Wild posting is an inexpensive form of advertising that offers a high degree of exposure for marketers, especially in the entertainment industry (album releases, concerts, appearances), to drive awareness.
Wild Postering in Toronto, NYC, Los Angeles & More!
Many companies find the poster medium appealing for wild posting as it is one of the most effective ways to reach city consumers and enhance your brand credibility. Wild Posters are particularly effective in high pedestrian areas, like most cities.
There are different forms of wild posting advertising, including;
- Card-stock posters – typically measure 11” x 17” or 18” x 24” and are placed in visible indoor or outdoor locations in specific neighbourhoods, though there are no dedicated or pre-designated locations for wild poster placement. These are great for highlighting product releases and for promoting brands and local events.
- Pull-tab posters – these 8.5’’ x 11” posters feature customer take-one pull-tabs to promote consumer engagement. These posters are mostly places inside cafes, on retail windows, college campuses, public bulletin boards, street poles, or construction sites.
- Guerilla cling posters – these measure 11” x 15” and are printed on a static electricity charged material that allows them to stick to a number of surfaces without tape, paste, or staples. These postings allow for more creative and targeted placement, plus they can be cut to specific shapes to promote their noticeability and effectiveness.
- Magnets – these 3” x 4” branded magnets are placed on metal surfaces throughout a target city. Common locations include street poles, storefront gates, car driver doors, newspaper kiosks, and building entrance ways. This wild posting format is distinct in its effectiveness since consumers carry the magnets for personal use in their offices, apartments, or dorms.
- Dedicated/permitted wheatpaste posters – 24” x 36” thin paper posters adhered via wheatpaste to multiple surfaces, such as wallscapes, storefronts, and construction sites, provided you have permission from the property owners. Since they’re specific, they highlight a single brand advertising campaign with about 18 to 32 posters in each location with varied wild poster designs.
The posters can be adhered to a number of places in high traffic areas, including building facades, barricades, alleyways, assorted buildings, skate parks, near school yards, outdoor shopping centres, etc.
Wild posting (Wheatpasting) categories
There are two primary categories of wild posting, namely:
- Traditional campaigns
Here, the wild posters are placed on a series of boards or barricades shared with one or more other advertisers, with at least two posters per board. Many advertisers prefer traditional barricade wild posting because of its cost effectiveness, flexibility, tremendous coverage, and fast turnaround.
- Dedicated campaigns
The postings are made only on the boards that are dedicated to that single advertiser. In other words, the advertiser owns those boards for the agreed upon duration. Dedicated campaigns are also very popular because of their high profile, target specificity, and cost effectiveness.
Why wild posting?
Wild postings are one of the few forms of media that encourage consumers to directly interact with the media by taking the display. This level of engagement allows the message to be seen in a wider area, including homes, garages, basements, parties, and dorm rooms, among others, while also cultivating a sense of brand loyalty via the message.
Off the Wall
From 3d displays to takeaways – Grassroots is all about realizing your creative concepts and we are always ready to brainstorm with you!
Here are some examples of our award winning executions.
Bronze Lion: Cannes Media Lions Festival Silver – Media Innovation Awards Gold – Atomic and Effie Awards...Read More
2012 MIA Gold: OOH Ambient / Placed Based Media – Large Scale (Traditional)...Read More
2014 Media Innovation Award: Best In Fast Moving Consumer Goods Tear pads (25 posters per pad) posted overtop...Read More
Lotus Awards - BC, Best of Show, Best non-traditional guerilla, 2007 Gold Clio – Innovative Media...Read More
2008 MIA awards: Best of Show, and Gold MIA's in OOH and Youth Categories...Read More
*Also available in over 25 cities in the US.